Dragon Video & Audio Repository

LarryKenobi
Zodiac:
Estonia

Re: Dragon Video & Audio Repository

Post by LarryKenobi »

Dragon on Levels / 43DW
Last edited by LarryKenobi on 2020-04-04, 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
HE Prince Larry Steven Ben Baron Von Yolo Kenobi, Lord of Turja, SA-GEN4 KENOBI, OA-C, Minister of MMC, Dance-Fight Master, APEX Champion, Filmmaker, 17*OHK-Rockstar
LarryKenobi
Zodiac:
Estonia

Post by LarryKenobi »

You Can Read Any Word And Be Enlightened / 43DW
HE Prince Larry Steven Ben Baron Von Yolo Kenobi, Lord of Turja, SA-GEN4 KENOBI, OA-C, Minister of MMC, Dance-Fight Master, APEX Champion, Filmmaker, 17*OHK-Rockstar
Syksy
Finland

Post by Syksy »

LarryKenobi wrote:
2020-03-28, 10:21
Syksy wrote:
2020-03-28, 3:11
- -
YouTube outright bans your channel and videos for the copyrighted music so Twitch is a better option. You'll just have to catch the stream when it's live!
Easiest way regarding muted audio would be to have your playlist consist of copyright-free music exclusively. Last time I tuned into the channel, the playlist was pretty much ambient only, for which there's plenty of royalty free alternatives; most music services allow a filter for a particular license.

In my experience YouTube doesn't directly ban a channel unless its sole purpose is to spread copyrighted material (for example a channel that'd upload full movies). Here the music material is clearly just on the background, but prominent enough for the automated algorithms to match the audio patterns with licensed audio. Most typical scenario in my experience is that YouTube lists the copyright owners underneath your video, with tracks and the record companies owning the rights. How they react depends also if you monetize the videos, if other users report your videos (copystrike), and/or if the tracks are banned in just some specific countries due to subcontracted licenses. Some license owners are more aggressive than others (major labels typically being more aggressive).

Why I mentioned YouTube is because of Twitch's built-in export functionality to directly feed your videos also to YouTube. You can always have both, that's how I used to preserve my videos when I was narrating Finnish DOTA 2 tournaments. They're not mutually exclusive. If you go into your channel settings, there should be an export-option for each video currently preserved in Twitch. There should also be an option for downloading the video to your hard-drive.

Naturally there are alternative video platforms which don't have YouTube's restrictions. From the back of my memory, couple alternatives could be Liveleaks and Vimeo. Never used either, but a lot of people used them for alternate media. Raw MP4 backups on your HDD would be useful anyhow, just in case.

As for being online to catching streams live, well - that depends on what's their overall purpose. If it's "in the moment" chill out, then sure. But if it's meant to be educational and informative in the long term, then a lot of people will miss out on non-archived material. We all come from different time zones and are active during different hours of the day, so your live audience is a subset of people here in KotD.

By the way, you might want to also check on for how long Twitch preserves your videos on your channel. They changed their policies at some point, e.g. videos might only be preserved for a month or so. Old Twitch prior to Amazon's purchase had permanent videos, but IIRC nowadays that's not the case.

Just my 5 cents based on my previous experiences. It's possible my suggestions are suboptimal.
LarryKenobi
Zodiac:
Estonia

Post by LarryKenobi »

Tallinn Compared To Helsinki / 43DW
LarryKenobi
Zodiac:
Estonia

Post by LarryKenobi »

Sending Financial Resources via Kingli / 43DW
LarryKenobi
Zodiac:
Estonia

Post by LarryKenobi »

Paradoxes / 43DW
LarryKenobi
Zodiac:
Estonia

Post by LarryKenobi »

What Do You Want? / 43DW
LarryKenobi
Zodiac:
Estonia

Post by LarryKenobi »

Crypto Kingdom: LARP Game & Monetary Platform / 43DW [EST & ENG]
LarryKenobi
Zodiac:
Estonia

Post by LarryKenobi »

The Kingdom: Everyone is Welcome. But You Were Chosen. / 43DW
LarryKenobi
Zodiac:
Estonia

Post by LarryKenobi »

Dragon Vlog #1 / 43DW